Anyone who has tried to make cocktails in Ireland will already know how hard it can be to find specialty spirits and ingredients. I’m planning a few recipes that needed flavoured vodka, but rather than buy online for ridiculous prices, I decided to flavour them myself. The concept is the same as that for Skittles vodka, which many of you will have seen already.
This one is super simple but requires some time to sit. Cut 10 or so pieces of gum into smaller chunks and add vodka, roughly 6:1 ratio. Leave overnight or for a couple of days, shaking every so often. Then strain into a bottle.
Break up the toffee into small chunks and put into a microwave-safe bowl. Pour in a little water, roughly enough to cover the toffee, and microwave for about 3 minutes, stirring every so often. When the toffee has melted, pour vodka over the top, again around 5/6:1, and shake. You’re pretty much good to go.
- Toffee: Mix with apple juice and cinnamon or Goldschlager for an apple pie treat
- Toffee: Mix with Coca Cola for a rich, sweet drink
- Toffee: Mix with Baileys over ice
- Bubblegum: Mix with soda water for a simple cocktail
- Bubblegum: Make a shot with bubblegum and skittles vodka!
My favourite cocktail of all time requires toffee vodka, so stay tuned for that recipe next week!
Thanks for reading ❤
Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SipProKate